Jacob Dobosh Calligram Project


For this project, I had to base the image I wanted to do on a letter I wrote to my future self.  In my letter, I stated that I hope my dream career as a filmmaker works out so I wanted to make my project based on that.  I decided to make my calligram project a film camera.  I’ve used Illustrator before so this wasn’t as hard to do as I thought.  I wanted to make the dials and buttons seem a little more 3D so I typed one word and distorted it to make it look rounder.  The one-word distortion I did in the top right of the image looks way better than I thought it would.  Overall I like how this project turned out and the 3 hours it took for me to make it were well worth it.

Inspiration Picture:
Letter to my Future Self:

Dear Me,

Hopefully 20 years from now our preferred storybook timeline actually happened.  Hopefully, we are working on our Transformers Cinematic Universe like we have dreamed of doing since we were 6 years old.  Hopefully, we have a beautiful wife and kids and home.  Hopefully, Mom and Dad are still here watching us make our movies and hopefully we make the good impact on the world we have always wanted.  If we are rich I hope we are humble with it, I hope we are generous, I hope we inspire people, I hope we are a good role model.  I know at this point in time of me writing this I say I won’t let anything corrupt my judgment but I never know what’s going to actually happen in the next 5 minutes.  I really like what I want to do right now and I absolutely love The University of Tampa.  I know we have been dying for this for a couple of years and I wonder if anything extraordinary ever happened here.  Oh, is the Simpsons still on?  Family guy?  Did Disney collapse?  I hope not on that last one.  Oh, how’s Chloe doing?  Brady?  Olivia?  I hope we are still close with them, I hope we still play the Wii together and I hope we are still doing the Christmas tradition I love so much.  I want to let you know that if you don’t believe in yourself right now, I believe in you right now.  I believe in you every single day because I am you, I am your inspiration, your goals, and your dedication.  We may not be the same person in 20 years but I know we will have the same goals, because almost 20 years into my life right now, my goals haven’t changed.  I hope you are well right now, I hope you have a Marshawn Lynch celebrity personality, likable and annoyed with reports about yourself.  You do have the talent, you do have the vision, and you do have what it takes to be a great filmmaker.  I hope you do not doubt yourself, and I hope you keep on producing.  Bang, bang.


-Jacob (1/31/2023)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Business Cards

Animation